Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pine Siskin

Went fishing at Warm River with my nephew and niece. My nephew spotted a bird sitting on the ground next to him. For some reason he scared it into the river (he says he was trying to scare it away from the river). We watched in nervous anticipation as the bird attempted to fly out. He once made it up to a pole, but couldn't get a grip on it and fell back into the river.

I felt so helpless for the little thing (I could tell he was still pretty young). However, as he came closer to where I was down river, I stuck my fishing pole in the water. He was able to get hold of it and I was able to pull him out to safety. We all gave a big cheer at this! He sat on my pole for several minutes as I snapped pictures. He seemed content to stay right where he was. I finally reached down, and that little thing climbed right on my finger. It was awesome! I guess he figured I wouldn't have rescued him only to hurt him. He only stayed on my finger but a moment before he flew to a nearby tree. It was a beautiful moment and I was so glad it all worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment